James "Jim" B. Goldberg received his Juris Doctorate in 1999 from the John Marshall Law School. He also received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Secondary Education from DePaul University. Prior to attending Law School, James was a High School teacher in the Chicago Public School System. James is a Lecturer at the Illinois Emergency Nurse Association (IENA) and Adjunct Lecturer at Capital Area School of Nursing (Springfield).
Health Care Related
James’ experience in the Health Care Field includes representation including but not limited to: Physicians, Dentists, Nurses, Chiropractors, Psychiatrists, Veterinarians and Therapists .
Jim represents clients in licensing matters with the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, representation of Physicians and Residents in Medical Staff Privileging disputes and defending all prosecutions involving the Department of Public Aid.
In representing licensees, James travels throughout the United States wherever his Illinois clients have duplicate licensing (Sister-State license) matters and has litigated Administrative Hearings in the States of California and Iowa. He has also represented Illinois clients in their license matters in Arizona, Nebraska, Missouri, Virginia and New Zealand.
To this date, he has handled countless matters in the State of Illinois for licensees ranging from Settlement Conferences, negotiating Consent Orders, filing and pursuing Petitions to Restore Licenses, defending Violations of Probation and trying cases to verdict successfully in all the above. James has tried many administrative licensee matters in the State of Illinois including but not limited to Mandatory Complaints as a result of Physician Malpractice, patient complaints to the Department of Professional Regulation, Summary Suspension proceedings and various litigation in the circuit courts including but not limited to jury cases to verdict and Appellate Courts in an Administrative Review Capacity.
James’ practice is not limited to just physicians as he represents many Counselors, Engineers, Architects, Nail Technicians, Barbers, Real Estate Brokers, Funeral Directors and Appraisers as well, all in licensing matters at the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. In addition, James has defended various licensees in criminal litigation involving Physicians, Nurses and Pharmacists throughout the State of Illinois.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Alliance Committee For Judicial Screening
- The Administrative Section Council of the Illinois Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association
- President, Decalogue Society of Lawyers Board of Directors
- John Marshall Alumni Board of Directors
- Contributing editor of the Illinois State Medical Society Model Medical Staff Bylaws
- Guest speaker at the Capital Area School of Practical Nursing
- Guest lecturer at the Northern Illinois University School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Guest lecturer at the Emergency Nurses Association